There are too many concerns bouncing around my brain. The only thing I know to do when this happens is to force those concerns to shut their trap and to put conscious effort into focusing on and choosing the good. So this morning I am making that choice. I have spent some time letting the concerns take over, but I cannot do that to myself and keep moving forward.
So here goes my frequent reminder list of what I am grateful for, for what inspires me, for what brings joy to my heart.
- Every day I am thankful for the beauty of the sky.
- The sound of trees swaying in the breeze.
- I have enough money to pay my bills and enjoy a comfortable life.
- Disney annual pass. Not everyone can afford one of these and it is nice to have.
- Friends. The circle is not big, but it is plentiful in love.
- Furry beasties who bring love and laughter to life.
- Music. There is a song for every mood.
- Coloring. A time to check out from reality and let it all go.
- My mom. She has a big heart and is always hopeful.
- The man who lovingly deals with my good and bad days. Who reminds me of the good. Who helps me with projects that overwhelm me.
- Finding that roller coasters can be such fun.
- Sweet kisses with that sweet man mentioned above.
- Mountains hiked and more to trails to explore in the future.
- Use of my senses. Being able to taste, to touch, to hear, to see, to smell. I take these for granted, but I am so thankful for each one.
- Finding the ability to open up and feel. Feel the great stuff and feel the things that aren’t always good. After many years closing that off as much as possible, it is so incredible to let that flow through me. There is so much missed when we are closed off. It may “keep us safe”, but it doesn’t really do that at all.
- Wading in a cool stream.
- The ability to choose my direction, to set goals and go for them.
- Hope. It is always there in me. The future may be hazy, but I have hope.
It is a balancing act for me (probably for us all) to hope and set goals without getting frustrated when these things take longer to come to fruition than what we would like. Life is long and short all at the same time. It is easy to want to get to the dreams we carry and make them come true. However I am always reminded that the journey is more important than the destination.
As hard as it is to remember, life works out as it will. We cannot control it all, but we must keep moving forward and shifting our path to create the life we want. I refuse to let the circumstances around me dictate my life. It is mine to create and it all starts with the little choices on what to focus my energy on.
Happy Monday my friends. I hope that you continue following your dreams and keep your soul focused on the good.