Happiness. Each of us find our happiness in different ways.
As I sit outside this evening and think about my day I’m finding happiness in the smell of water as my sprinkler sprays on my plants, happiness in the faint breeze that whispers around me, happiness in the sound of my Mellie running through my yard.
Each day life brings annoyances of some kind, but it also brings sweet little moments of happy! More times than I am proud to admit I see the annoying parts in bold while the happier parts might slip quietly under my radar until I stop to reflect on my day.
So I’m listing out a few things that make me happy and encouraging each of you to do the same.
My Happiness Sparkles come in the shape of:
- The daily phone call to say hello that brings love and light to my mornings.
- Fur baby cuddles to wake me up.
- Morning walks with Mellie as we watch the sun dance into the sky.
- Awkward texts from my mom to let me know she cares.
- Yoga. Unwinding my body and my brain.
- Flowers and bees.
- Funny memes.
- The sound of a certain voice singing.
- Delicious food.
- Dreams and goals for a future I cannot wait to experience with the man I enjoy and appreciate more with each day.
- Birds singing as they flit around from branch to branch.
- My electric toothbrush.
There are hundreds of happiness sparkles in my life and my list could go on and on. In reality the happiness list is much longer than the annoyances list.
If my life was a garden it would be covered in colorful, fragrant, and brilliant blooms. Full and overflowing. Every type of flower that I love! There might be weeds to pull, but the flowers make the work of pulling the weeds worth it.
My perfect garden may not look like anyone else’s perfect garden, but all that matters is that it’s the garden I cultivate because it is what makes me happy!
When you find yourself caught in the annoyances you might find it beneficial to make a list of what makes you happy. Today this little list has reminded me that happiness is all around me! I am fortunate beyond measure.
Much love. Much happiness.