It’s Valentine’s Day and the world gets all caught up in LOVE! Which is great! I might be a little cynical sometimes, but I think LOVE is awesome. While most people think of Love Actually as a Christmas movie, I think of it as an all year movie. Especially on days like today. I love when Hugh Grant’s character talks about love being all around us. Yep, I am a closet romantic movie junkie and this movie is high up on that list. Now with thoughts of that movie swirling around it seems like a good time to go back to the random things I love list! There are so many things and it makes me happy to take a moment and list them out. WHY? Because no matter what is going on around me… if I take a moment to think about things I love everything is brighter and better.
- The way Mellie walks with perky ears and wagging tail when she is excited!
- Water droplets on leaves or flowers.
- Seeing a certain name pop up on my phone!
- The way my nephew Tristan laughs!
- Friendships that have lasted through many years. Irreplaceable!
- Sitting in Epcot with the coolest nerd waiting to watch fireworks and talking about anything or nothing or a good mix of both. Sometimes the silence is as beautiful as the conversation.
- Conversations with my niece Amber.
- Speaking porpoise with my brother.
- Little Miss Sunshine aka Aliah.
- How Erin has the most incredible way of bluntly and lovingly communicating.
- Listening to my niece Ava talk. That girl is adorable and smart and funny!
- That smell when rain starts to fall.
- My protein shake every day. Yes, odd, right?
- Being barefoot.
- Firefly references.
- That feeling when you have just worked out and everything is a little sore and sweaty.
- Digging into the ground to plant new flowers.
- Good music.
- Thai food.
- Glasses of wine with good friends.
- Hugs from the right people. The hugs that make your whole soul feel warm.
- The sound of the ocean as it moves along the shore.
- Sunrise and Sunset and the time in the tween when the sky begins to darken and the world comes alive with the mystical.
- Sunshine through the trees as it spreads it’s golden rays on the world.
Friends, I encourage you to take a moment and think of things that you love. I hope it warms your heart.